This Mob Programming Workshop Is Going to Be 🔥
May 11th, 2022
Greetings Civic Hackers!
Also TED finally posted Code for America CEO Amanda Renteria’s talk about their plan to transform with the social safety net with the $60 million they received from The Audacious Project.
Also I was excited to see the Commonwealth of Massachusetts now offers free telehealth consultations for Paxlovid prescriptions. If you’ve been wondering how to get a prescription, this is a great resource.
What We’re Reading and Watching:
- Boston’s New CIO to Focus on Unlocking City Data is a nice welcome and profile for Santiago Garces!
- Dying on hold: How new software is creating a logjam at Portland’s 911 is a less exciting article on the impact of new technology on 911. If you’re interested in 911 tech, check out the Code for America Reimagine 911 community assembly.
- The Dutch Tax Authority Was Flummoxed By AI is a cautionary tool on the use of AI in government.
Matt & The Code for Boston Team
All experience levels welcome! Spend two hours mob programming features for the “Mob Timer Kata”. Learn about TDD and Typescript/Jest by doing it.
Mob Programming is a technique for facilitating a group of people working collaboratively on one computer. TDD is a powerful technique where you write tests before writing one line of code and your design evolves from the tests.
- Working on fleshing out MRCC wordpress website.
- Working on testing framework.
Police Data Trust
- Data focused at the moment. Getting new data sources uploading into index.
- Get data scraping system running on AWS
- Incorporating the feedback from the beta,
- Working on redesign/ux.