New Folks Welcome In Person Next Week!
March 30th, 2022
Greetings Civic Hackers!
For the first time since March 2020 are welcoming new members to attend Code for Boston in-person at CIC in Kendall Square. On a monthly basis the first Tuesday will be in-person new member orientation for folks that want to get acquainted with us. We hope this will expand the opportunities to get involved and provide a more vibrant in-person experience.
I have also created a new #software-engineering channel in the Code for Boston slack. A bit of an oversight this has not existed previously, it’s a space to discuss general software ideas and topics that don’t fit into specific projects. I shared my tool list to get things rolling.
Matt & The Code for Boston Team
- Working on fixes and enhancements for the testing framework.
- Finished rough draft of donation page for Massachusetts Recreational Consumer Council.
Police Data Trust
- Been doing discovery process, initial results.
- Switching away from anything related to police accountability to more focus on legal software side.
- Last week reviewed development team is doing, got comments
- Beta test next month on April 11.
- Focused on UI/UX data graphics.
- Added Tweet capability.
- Mobile improvements
- Navbar works in mobile
- Each user now has a public profile page
- LinkedIn field added to user profile