MA Unveils Digital Vaccine Cards!
January 11th, 2022
Greetings Civic Hackers!
This week Massachusetts unveiled a website where you can get your vaccine records and download a digital version of your vaccine card for your phone. Rick Klau, CIO of California, breaks down why this is a big deal. I got my verification in about ten minutes.
I also want to invite you to join the Code for America Discourse Community. It is an open forum where folks from brigades across the country can share their thoughts, ideas, and make connections. I made a thread asking what workshops Code for Boston should host this year.
What we’re reading & watching:
- New York City started using automated enforcement cameras on its buses to enforce bus lanes. You won’t believe what happened next.
- A nerdy breakdown of this new web3 thing from the founder of Signal.
- A Vision of Sustainable Liberation for Justice-Impacted People is a talk about innovation languishing in America’s prisons.
-Matt & The Code for Boston Core Team
The Department of Innovation and Technology is looking for a Director of Data Engineering to join our growing Citywide Analytics Team. As part of a highly-collaborative group using data to improve all aspects of city government, the Director of Data Engineering will provide technical leadership and expertise as we develop and expand our data infrastructure. Successful candidates will be able to work closely with other technical staff, project managers, and external partners across City government. They will have a strong understanding of data engineering principles and processes and be able to manage a wide range of projects to provide ETL and data warehousing systems for the Analytics Team.
- Design work this week.
- Massachusetts Recreational Consumer Council wireframes for their website for events.
- Working on the testing framework version 4 will use an API to be faster and more reliable.
- Off last week, back this week!