Recruiting for a Communications Lead!
November 16th, 2021
Greetings Civic Hackers!
We are now recruiting for someone interested in being a part of the leadership team at Code for Boston as our Communications Lead. A job description is linked here. We are looking for a volunteer that is experienced in communications and excited about telling the stories of our project groups. If you have questions or want to learn more about this role feel free to reach out to us via email.
We also had a great partner interest lunch for folks interested in doing a project collaboration with us. We recorded and posted the video of the presentation to our YouTube channel. Feel free to pass this along to friends or colleagues in any government or non-profit organization that might benefit from a collaboration with us!
What we’re reading & watching:
- Apple is sticking taxpayers with part of the bill for the rollout of tech giant’s digital ID card via CNBC. A follow-up report on previous stories about Apple’s efforts around state IDs.
Matt & The Code for Boston Core Team
Civic Tech Coffee is a monthly virtual event where individuals interested in Civic Tech can share what they are up to, meet other professionals in the field, and ask for help or ideas. Occasionally we host guest speakers or have other presentations which are announced ahead of time.
Mayor-Elect Michelle Wu is collecting resumes for individuals interested in serving in her administration. If you have background in technology or software development you can submit your resume and check off “Technology” in the checkbox.
- App team had meeting with MRCC building relationship there and getting authentication working.
- Looking for: experience with WordPress.
- Data team working on preparing for the Middlesex analysis.
- Working on the end states of the user functions so users can create associations.
- Dealing with some scattered bugs.
- Working on a “Report a Problem” button.
- Having data discussions about managing data.
- Who on the client side is going to manage the data for boundaries, points, etc.
- Talking about how to setup infrastructure and backend for website.
- Had user testing session with a financial advisor.
- Hoping to continue to take lessons from the user testing. Reviewing and annotating the recording.